You can download a PDF of these T&C’s here | Booking Terms & Conditions
Please read this carefully, when you make a reservation request with us (whether by email, telephone or post), these conditions are deemed to have been accepted by you.
Please note that unless otherwise stated in the main property description:
- Bed linen and towels for maximum occupancy are provided in the lodges, robes and slippers are provided for double & king size beds only. If more are required please pre order.
- Travel Cots and High Chairs (one set per property) are provided free of charge but must be pre-booked prior to arrival. Bed linen & mattress are
NOT provided for cots. If more cots or high chairs are required they can be pre-booked by contacting the office or logging in to your account.
- There are no telephone landlines available at the Lodges and please note that mobile signal may be weak or non-existent in some of the properties due to the rural location.
- The Sky TV package available varies from lodge to lodge, please check the individual lodge webpage for details.
- Wi-fi is available in all properties but please be aware that due to the rural locations the download speed and service may be slower that you are used to.
- Some of our properties are located in very rural areas and the weather can be severe in the Highlands so please ensure your vehicles are suited to harsh winter conditions. Through the winter we would suggest 4×4 vehicles with winter tyres if possible.
- Additionally, you must satisfy yourself that your clothing and footwear is adequate for any outdoor activity and you are properly equipped for the journey to the Lodge. As some of the lodges are in rural areas we recommend that you bring a torch, especially for accessing the key code box on arrival.
- Please note that, while we make every effort to be as accurate as possible, the actual position of each cottage as indicated on the view map link on this site cannot be guaranteed to be its precise location and should be used as a guide only.
The Lodges: please note that all lodges are privately owned and Highland Hideouts act only as booking agents. Please note that your booking is a direct contract between you and the individual lodge owner. Any difficulties or complaints while staying at the Lodges should be directed to the relevant owner – details are in each lodge.
Terms and Conditions
Definition of Terms
Highland Hideouts is a trading name of HH Highlands Limited. The company is registered in England and Wales, no. 11258055. The registered address is Sterling House, Walthamstow, London, E17 4EE.
Parties applying to rent properties are referred to as ‘the Guest’. Highland Hideouts, referred to as ‘the Agent’, will act only as agent for the owners of the properties, ‘the Owners’.
Contracts to let the property are therefore between the Owners of the property and the Guest, and the Agent acts solely on behalf of the Owners.
These terms set out the conditions of the contract between the Guest and the Owners, and the contractual rights and obligations between the Guest and the Agent.
By making any Booking with us, you confirm that you accept these terms and
conditions and agree to comply with them.
- Reservations: Reservations are considered confirmed only on receipt of the reservation deposit or full balance and Guest receives email confirmation of booking. When a booking is made more than 70 days before the occupancy is due to commence, a deposit of £350 must be paid to confirm the booking. If the booking is made 70 days or less before the occupancy is due to commence, the full rent, and any additional charges, must be paid at the time of booking. Deposits are non-refundable and for Festive Weeks double deposits are payable to secure a booking.
- Cooling Off Period: If you decide to cancel your booking within 48 hours you must contact the Highland Hideouts office within this timeframe and you will receive a full refund less any credit card surcharges.
- Refundable Security Deposit (RSD): The RSD of £500 is a security bond made between the Guest and the Owner, which is taken on the understanding that the Guest will take care of and cause no damage to the rented property during their stay. The Guest agrees that the RSD will be taken at the time of final payment or that any damages costs incurred (including any charges relating to Hot Tubs) can be debited from the Debit/Credit card used to make final payment. If the RSD payment is delayed after the final payment due date (70 days prior to arrival), a £10 + Vat admin fee is payable. The Agent also undertakes to return the RSD (or balance there-of) within 14 days of end of rental period or satisfaction of any remedial works required to meet the Guest’s obligations in respect of the condition of the property (whichever is the later). The Owner reserves the right to charge the Guest an additional £500 for any illegal behaviour or partaking in nuisance behaviour. Additionally, if there is found to be significant or serious damage to the property, the Owner reserves the right to charge any additional cost of remedial works, at their
discretion, to the Guest. Any difficulties or complaints while staying at the lodges should be directed to the relevant Owner, and Highland Hideouts ‘in absentia’ cannot accept responsibility should any dispute over damages or additional costs. This must be resolved between the Owner and Guest themselves.
- Balance Payment of Rentals: The balance of rental must be paid at least 70 days before your arrival date and will automatically be taken from the
credit/debit card used to pay the deposit if you have authorised us take this payment from your chosen card. If you have not authorised us to take this payment you must make arrangements to pay the rental balance to the Agent within the specified time scale. UK payments will be accepted by BACS, credit card, debit card. No extra charge is made for paying deposit or full balance by Credit Card provided all payments are received within our published schedule. For late payments for any reason, an admin handling charge of 1.5% of the balance will be applied to balance payments. Should a material change be made to any confirmed reservation, a fee of £35.00 +VAT will be levied. When we receive the balance of payment, we will forward your arrival details. Failure to pay the balance of rent by the due date will be treated as cancellation and no refund will be made. The Agent is not obliged to send reminders – the date on which the balance is due is clearly indicated on the Booking Confirmation.
- Cancellations: If any booking is cancelled 70 days or more before Guest arrival date the deposit is not refundable. If a booking is cancelled 69 days or less before arrival date, the full deposit and rental balance is not refundable. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing and received before the due date of arrival. As our lodges are all privately, individually owned, it is not possible to switch any booking to another lodge within the group.
- Insurance: It is strongly recommended that the Guest take out Cancellation and Curtailment Insurance in the unfortunate event that they have to cut their holiday short and/or cancel altogether. When you reserve your holiday property you are entering into a legally binding contact. If you are unable to take your holiday property, then you will be liable to pay a Cancellation Charge and this could amount to the total cost of your holiday. It is also recommended that Guest take out holiday insurance to cover loss or damage to personal effects. Under no circumstances can the Owner or Agent be held liable for any loss or damage to Guests’ property. Highland Hideouts do not provide such insurance.
- Period of Let: This will normally be on a weekly basis from Friday to Friday but weekend and short periods may be available. Rentals begin at 5.00pm on the day of arrival and end at 10.00am on the day of departure. Any delayed departure may incur additional charges at our reasonable discretion.
- Damage: If there are any “accidents” or breakages during the stay please make a note and leave in the lodge for the housekeepers. You will be required to pay for replacements. The lodge will be cleaned before you arrive and it is expected that the private ownership of the lodge will be respected and that it will be left in decent order for the next guests. Any extra cleaning charges received by Highland Hideouts, from the Owners, or our contract cleaners for excess cleaning, will be automatically passed on to the Guest.
- Fireworks: Due to the close proximity of our properties to neighbours and livestock, fireworks are prohibited from use in all of our properties. If it is found that fireworks have been set off, the Owner reserves the right to withhold the RSD and/or terminate the rental.
- Marquees, Bouncy Castles, Outside Stereos & Live Music: Marquees, bouncy castles and similar items are not permitted at our properties. Due to noise pollution concerns, outside stereos and live music are not permitted at the properties.
- Christmas and New Year: Can only be accepted as week-long bookings. All lodges will be tastefully decorated with Christmas trees.
- Restrictions: The Owners reserve the right to refuse bookings for weddings, hen or stag parties. The Owners reserve the right to refuse rentals or
terminate a rental for improper use or unacceptable behaviour and request the Guests immediately vacate the property. Rentals will not be accepted in respect of any client under 21 years old. No property can be sub-let to a Third Party by the Guest. If this is found to be the case, the Third Party will have no legal right of occupancy and will be required to vacate the Lodge. If the party size exceeds the agreed maximum occupancy of the lodge, the Owner may charge extra rental at their own discretion, or the let may be terminated early with guests required to vacate the property, with no refund.
- Surrounding Areas: The properties are in rural areas and any action by the Guest and his or her party that interrupts or endangers the lives and livelihood of others and/or the surrounding land belonging to others, will constitute a breach of contract and the let may be terminated early, with no refund. We would also expect guests to abide by the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and understand their rights and responsibilities in Scotland’s outdoors.
- Dissatisfaction: Should a Guest be dissatisfied for whatever reason with the accommodation secured they must notify the Lodge Owners, Lodge
maintenance company, or the Highland Hideouts office within 2 hours of arrival. The Guest must also notify the Highland Hideouts office immediately of any damage or defect detected during their stay. Failure to do so may result in the Guest being liable for any damages or defects. The Owners or their representative may inspect the property at any time during the rental period.
- Pets: Family pets can be taken to most of the lodges but must sleep in their own beds, not those at the lodges. Pets are not allowed on the furniture at the lodges and a small extra cleaning charge of £35 per pet will be added to rental cost. Please notify Highland Hideouts to advise on breed and numbers. Pets should not be left unattended, dogs must be kept on a lead and prohibited from fouling areas around the lodge. Any fouling must be cleaned up by the Dog’s owner.
- Liability and responsibility: Neither the Owners nor the Agents can be held responsible or accept any liability for loss, damage or injury sustained to guests or vehicles whilst Guests are on the properties. Additionally, the Agent accepts no liability for any act, neglect or default on the part of the Owners or any other person not employed by them or under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience to either person or property which the Guests, or any other person, may suffer or incur arising from, or in any way connected with, the Occupancy.
- Exclusion of The Rent Act: The contract effected on confirmation of reservation relates to a holiday let only and is therefore not an assured
tenancy in terms of Housing (Scotland) Act 1988. This confers on the client the right to occupy the property for the period agreed for holiday purposes only, in terms of Schedule 4 Section of the aforementioned Act.
- Adverse Travel Conditions: In the event of road closure due to adverse weather conditions or any form of 3rd party industrial action, the Owners or Highland Hideouts cannot be held responsible for non-arrival of Guests at the
lodges and no refunds will be given.
- Utilities: The Owners cannot be held responsible in any way for any failure of Utility Services to any lodges, e.g. electricity, water supply, waste water services, TV signal, wi-fi, refuse collection, oil, gas or log delivery by third party suppliers or the weather, which is totally beyond the control of the Owners, and no refunds will be given in the event of any supply or service failure. Any extra charges incurred by Guests use of Sky interactive services (Red Button) will be charged directly to the Guest.
- Smoking: Smoking is forbidden in all the lodges and outbuildings. External ashtrays are provided. If smoking has been found to have occurred in the property, a charge of £100 will be levied. Any tampering with smoke alarms will result in the Owner withholding all or part of the RSD.
- Candles: Due to the high fire risk, candles are not allowed in the lodges.
- Items left in Lodge: A minimum administration fee of £5.00, plus any postage & packing will be levied for return of items left in the lodge after your stay. This service is administered by Owners and is not the responsibility of Highland Hideouts personnel.
- Hot Tub: Prior to your arrival at TCOC, OMotS, SRL, WTL, CRAG, and HLE, you will be asked to sign a “Hot Tub Disclaimer” form, or submit online. This must be sent back to the Highland Hideouts office, before a party can use the Hot Tub. The Guest who signs the form will be held responsible for the Hot Tub operation during their stay. Please note that on occasion, for essential health & safety reasons, the water in the Tub may have to be changed before, or during your stay. This will make the Tub inoperable for up to 24 hours. Guests should be aware that this can happen. The Hot Tub must never be switched off at the mains during your stay. There may be an extra charge deducted from your bond, if the tub is switched off during your stay. *N.B For Health and Safety reasons, Hot Tubs may have a scheduled water change and therefore it may not be possible to use the hot tub on this day as it may take time for Hot Tub to get up to temperature.
- Extraordinary Circumstances: Guests should be aware that the Lodges are all privately owned. Highland Hideouts, as agents on behalf of the owners, accept no liability, contractual or otherwise, for events totally beyond our control, e.g. destruction of property due to flood, fire, earthquakes or acts of God; or that the property is inhabitable due to irreparable damage or on Health & Safety issues that could not reasonably have been foreseen; or because of sale or withdrawal of property by the owners. Any arising issues regarding refund of rentals in such cases, will be a matter contractually between the Guest and the Owners.
- Price Change: Highland Hideouts reserves the right to amend prices quoted on the web site due to errors or omissions but such changes shall be notified to the Guest as soon as possible.
- Breach of Contract: If Guests breach any of the above terms and conditions, the Owners or Agent reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the occupancy, without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the owners.
- Validity Clause: If any term or provision in these Booking Terms and Conditions shall in whole or in part be held to any extent to be illegal or
unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law, that term or provisions or part shall, to that extent, be deemed not to form part of this agreement and the enforceability of the remainder of this agreement shall not be affected.
- Discrepancies: This web site and these Booking Terms and Conditions replace and supersede all previous web sites and booking conditions, and in the case of any discrepancy between these booking conditions and the contents of any Highland Hideouts brochures/web site, these conditions shall prevail.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: The contract is deemed to have beenmade at HH Highlands Office, Balnastraid Farm, Duthil, Carrbridge, PH23 3ND. The validity, construction and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by Scots’ Law. The Guest submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
- Terms and Conditions: Highland Hideouts reserves the right to change or amend their terms and conditions at any time. The Owners reserve the right to change any of the specifications of the lodges at any time. Any changes in terms & conditions will appear on our website.